Monday, January 19, 2009

Abandoning profundity as a blog requirement

I'm still here, and an apology is clearly in order. I started this blog, then let it die. Nothing too unusual there, as I've seen stats indicating a great many blogs are began and then abandoned. That makes my neglect worse, somehow, because I knew that going in and didn't want to be someone who did that.

But life interfered in the form of a class I enrolled in for work (which took over my life much more than I'd expected) along with some other distractions. (Including a belief that when time was at a premium, actually writing was more important than blogging about writing.)

And then, too, part of the problem was my own expectations: I felt a writing blog, by an aspiring writer, should be Profound. Should have something more valuable to say than "I wrote today" (or not.) Since most of the time, profundity on my part is off hiding with the muse, that made it hard to come up with posts, too.

But if I'm lacking in profound thoughts about writing, I have lots of questions. So as I renew my commitment to the blog, I confess it's probably going to be more musing about those questions than anything else. Hopefully, either through the writing of the questions themselves, or in the comments made by others (assuming anyone is still reading this) I'll find clues to the answers.

No comments: